Are you a techie with big startup dreams? Have you also dreamt of working with HBCU talent? How about building your company just steps from the beach? Well, the answer to your dreams might be waiting for you right now.
On Feb. 6, the University of the Virgin Island’s (UVI) Research and Technology Park (RTPark) announced that applications were open for its Spring 2020 cohort of Accelerate VI, “a startup accelerator creating a tech-based ecosystem in the Virgin Islands.”
Founded in 2002, RTPark’s primary mission is to fuel economic development in the U.S. Virgin Islands by attracting companies to the region. With Accelerate VI, they hope to nurture early-stage technology startups through a rigorous 12-week program filled with mentorship, training, networking, and resources.
The application process is open to all persons who are 18 years or older leading a technology-enabled company who meet the following criteria:
- Are registered or willing to be registered to do business in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Are past idea stage. That is, they have a MVP (Minimum Viable Product), beta or have already launched their product.
- Have a product that’s scalable to national/ global markets
- Are technology-focused with proprietary software (No Service Providers)
- Have raised or received less than $2 million in total investment (e.g., equity, convertible notes, government grants, academic grants)
- Are committed to Accelerate VI’s programming attendance policy
While startups from all industries will be considered, startups from the following sectors are strongly encouraged: Sustainability Solutions and Renewable Energy, Financial Tech, Health Care/Medical Device Technologies, and Sports Tech.
Check out their video that explains their program and mission below:
Applications for the Spring cohort will be open through March 8, 2020.