Data Operations Facilitator Meroxa Raises $15M In Series A Funding Round
Photo Credit: Courtesy of DeVaris Brown

Data Operations Facilitator Meroxa Raises $15M In Series A Funding Round

Black-owned startup Meroxa just secured a Series A funding round to make operating way easier for businesses.

TechCrunch is reporting that the data operations facilitator — which is owned by Chicago, IL native, and current Bay Area, CA resident, DeVaris Brown — successfully raised $15 million in a Series A funding round led by Drive Capital. Existing investors Root, Amplify and Hustle Fund also participated in this round, which together with the company’s previously undisclosed $4.2 million seed round now brings total funding in the company to $19.2 million.

What Meroxa does is something that every company could possibly benefit from. By implementing the program into your company, you’ll be able to “feed” data to the system from different tools, and the program processes it all without expensive and confusing technology.

“We aren’t a point-to-point solution,” Meroxa co-founder and CTO Ali Hamidi explained to TechCrunch. “When you set up the connection, you aren’t taking data from Postgres and only putting it into Snowflake. What’s really happening is that it’s going into our intermediate stream. Once it’s in that stream, you can then start hanging off connectors and say, ‘Okay, well, I also want to peek into the stream, I want to transfer my data, I want to filter out some things, I want to put it into S3.’ ”

Another interesting thing about Meroxa is that it uses open-source tools — meaning anyone with a working knowledge of computer programming can modify the tools as they see fit, and for free. This also means that companies can customize the connected tools for their particular needs.

The company, which was founded in 2020, has a 24-person team that is 100 percent remote. The team is also 50 percent Black and brown, and 40 percent women. Finally, the management team is, in total, 90 percent made up of “underrepresented” men and women.

If nothing else, they’re proving to be the real future of Silicon Valley.

Read Comments