Showing 1 results for:

Carbon Monoxide

by Topic

All results

Here's How Technology Helped One Nine-Year-Old Save Her Parents Lives After Exposure To Carbon Monoxide

Technology just helped save Jayline Barbosa Brandão and her family’s lives. According to PEOPLE, nine-year-old Jayline Barbosa Brandão quickly sprang into action after realizing that her parents were in need of immediate help due to exposure to carbon monoxide. “I heard my dad screaming and saw my mom passed out,” she told WFXT during an interview. Brandão was quick with her actions and grabbed her father’s phone to call for help, but soon realized that the iPhone was locked. Without breaking a sweat, she held the phone up to her father’s face, thanks to Apple’s Face ID feature, and was then able to call 9-1-1. “She was so smart,” said her mother, Marcelina Brandão. “If it wasn’t [for] her to call right away, I don’t know what would have happened.” At the time of the incident, the family home was without power for three days after a recent storm in Brockton, MA, which led them to use a generator for electricity. Originally, the generator was outside near a back door, where it ran...

Shanique Yates

Nov 5, 2021