Saweetie is reminding female athletes that the ball is in their court!
Rolling Stone reports the rapper and businesswoman just joined forces with Champion becoming its first-ever Global Culture Consultant.
In addition, two-year name, image, and likeness deals (NIL) have been announced to empower the athletes. Now, selectees will become brand ambassadors, receive mentorship, and career development opportunities with Champion executives in sports, entertainment, media, and marketing.
“We’re proud to name Saweetie as our first-ever Global Culture Consultant to help empower women to be their own Champion,” Vice President of Global Marketing for Champion John Shumate said, according to Rolling Stone. “Saweetie is an inspiration for self-expression and with her “Get It Girl” anthem, we want to unite all women with Champion athletic wear solutions designed for every body, every shape and every workout.”
Why Saweetie Tapped In
Saweetie wanted to tap in not only for Champion but also after learning more about the “Get it Girl” campaign created to highlight female athletes, who show the “confidence to play by their own rules and look good doing it.”
“My relationship with Champion runs deep, as an athlete and lover of streetwear,” Saweetie said in a press release, according to Rolling Stone. “It’s been a go-to brand since high school! This campaign and partnership hit me on a personal level and I couldn’t be prouder to help all my sporty-icy girls out there feel empowered with self-love and confidence. When you feel good wearing Champion, the sky’s the limit.”
View this post on Instagram
The featured athletes of Champion’s “Get it Girl” campaign can be found below:
- Maya Brady (University of California, LA, Softball
- Alissa Pili: University of Southern California, Basketball
- Anna McClure: Ohio State, Volleyball
- Destiny Martin: Winston Salem State University, Cheer
- Helena Sampaio: University of Southern California, Soccer
- Logan Eggleston: University of Texas, Volleyball
- Morgan Lewis: Ohio State University, Track & Field
- Natalie Chou: University of California, LA, Basketball
- Norah Flatley: University of California, LA, Gymnastics
- Nyla Jones: North Carolina A&T, Cheerleading
- Sophia Hartwell: University of California, LA, Track & Field
- Ziyah Holman: University of Michigan, Track & Field