CÎROC, Combs Enterprises, and Culture Creators have announced the latest cohort of “Empowered Women,” and as always, the list features a who’s who of amazing Black women across a swath of various industries and talents.
In a press release announcement, it was revealed that the following women were being honored in this new cohort:
- Anastasia Williams — BUSINESS — Founder, The A-List
- Angela Christine Stevens — ART & STYLE — Founder, Conscious Curls Hair
- Ashley Kalmanowitz — ENTERTAINMENT — VP Publicity, Atlantic Records
- Brandice Daniel — ART & STYLE — Owner, Harlem Fashion Row
- Gail Mitchell — ENTERTAINMENT — Executive Director, R&B/Rap, Billboard Magazine
- Grace James — ENTERTAINMENT — SVP Marketing, Atlantic Records
- Jaia Thomas — BUSINESS — Founder, Diverse Representation
- Justina Omokhua — BUSINESS — SVP Brand Marketing, Endeavor
- Kimberly M. Jenkins — ART & STYLE — Lecturer, Founder Fashion + Race Database
- Kristi Henderson — SOCIAL IMPACT — Social Impact & Experiential Marketing Strategist, 2Fifty Seven Group
- Lisa Gelobter — TECHNOLOGY — CEO, tEQuitable
- Mona Scott-Young — ENTERTAINMENT — TV Producer + Entrepreneur
- Monique Blake — ENTERTAINMENT — Talent Manager
- Paulette Jordan — SOCIAL IMPACT — Former Democratic Idaho US Senate Candidate
- Phyllis Newhouse — TECHNOLOGY — Xtreme Solutions + Entrepreneur
- Stefanie Brown James — SOCIAL IMPACT — Founder, The Collective PAC
- Tanisha Scott — ART & STYLE — Creative Director, Choreographer + Producer
Last month, the first round of March honorees were revealed by CÎROC, Combs Enterprises, and Culture Creators, and three unique founders were showcased in Elle, highlighting the importance of sisterhood, mentorship, and allyship had on their journey.
One of the honorees was none other than Blavity’s very own Morgan DeBaun!
This month’s honorees are keeping with the theme of Financial Literacy Month, and starting on April 5, Empowered Women will begin these financial wellness conversations with female entrepreneurs, CEOs, and more. Over custom CÎROC cocktails and valuable conversation with people from Combs Enterprises, the Culture Creators platform will feature exclusive interviews with the April cohort and share personal stories and advice on how to take charge of your financial well-being and succeed.