1501 Certified Entertainment CEO Carl Crawford has decided to turn over a new leaf regarding his relationship with Megan Thee Stallion.
“Me and Megan, we haven’t talked since 2019,” Crawford said in an interview with TMZ. “We’ve been going through, I guess, what you guys see online, and it’s unfortunate because I never wanted to have a situation where I was, you know, going back and forth with her on the internet.”
He also admitted that the friction between them stemmed from social media, which Crawford said he is done with.
“I never had any problems with Megan Thee Stallion. It’s just the social media stuff, it turned really, really sour,” he said. “You take this social media part out of it, we don’t have a problem … I’m done with that.”
Crawford, who is a former MLB player, also revealed that while he has a competitive spirit due to his experience with the sport, he still lacks business knowledge when it comes to the music industry.
He has now installed Kai “Verse” Tyler as the new president of 1501 Certified Entertainment.
As previously reported by AfroTech, Houston rapper Megan Thee Stallion opened up about her battle with her former label 1501 Certified Entertainment, which dates back to 2020.
During an Instagram Live, Megan claimed that after requesting to negotiate a contract she previously signed at age 20, 1501 Certified Entertainment blocked her from releasing any new music.
In a post shared on Twitter, she said that at the time the contract was signed, she “didn’t understand some of the verbiage.”
Y’all know I always have problems with dropping my music under this label, all these games and having to go to court just to put out my art has been so stressful. Thank you hotties for rocking with me through the bullshit WE ALMOST OUT 👏🏾 LETS STAY FOCUSED AND RUN THIS LAST ONE UP
— TINA SNOW (@theestallion) August 11, 2022
Furthermore, she requested at least $1 million in damages and also alleged that the label refused to provide her with shares of the royalties that came from her music.